Sultan High School Music Parents Association Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, October 4, 2005
Meeting called to order @ 7:06 PM
Introductions of everyone in attendance.
- November 1, Fall Concert, We will be serving spiced cider punch
- November 2, Changed Band Parent Meeting to Wednesday due to Fall
Concert. Meeting time remains the same 7:00 PM.
- Turn in cardboard time cards for September as soon as possible.
- Monday, October 10, we will hold a uniform cleaning party. Contact
Michelle if you can help or just show up.
- Newspaper recycling fundraiser. Discussed logistics of collecting
newspapers. Recycler puts out the bins and does the collection. Our
job wouild be to advertise the location of the bins and to encourage
people to put their newspapers in the bins. We need a volunteer to
coordinate this fundraiser.
- Fund raising status. The board reviewed the status of each student.
Jill and Debbie will meet with each student who has not made the
September goal. The $50.00 fall marching portion of the fee must be
- October 25, Thursday, 1:15 to 2:00 PM, the Jazz Band to perform
at the opening of the Sultan visitor's center. Those who attend are
urged to advertise/promote our upcoming Jazz Dinner.
- Catalogue Fundraiser. Everyone who turned in a permission slip
should have their catalogue. Make checks payable to SHS. Inform the
office that the money is for the catalogue fundraiser. Most items
yield a 50% profit for student.
- October 15, Royal City trip. We will drive to Moses Lake for
dinner immediately following the retreat then return to Royal City
for a sleep over Saturday night. Chaperones were identified to ride
the bus and sleep over. We will purchase 10 cases of water, 1 case
of apples and granola bars for the trip. Don made motion to budget
$100 for this purchase, after a second the motion was carried by a
- October 22, Everett trip. Bus riders were identified.
- November 5, Auburn trip. Bus riders were identified. Kris will
contact church for permission to hold barbecue in the parking lot
after the performance. Shel and Don will cook. The students will be
given a food item to bring (i.e. desert, salad etc.)
- November 19, Jazz Dinner Club. Tickets $20.00. Mediterranean
Dinner, 1940's Jazz Club atmosphere. Non-alcoholic drinks to be
served. A food handlers class will be scheduled for students and
parents wanting to help. Sales will start no later than Oct 25.
Maximum number of people 275 but will set an initial target of 200.
Students can earn points for selling tickets, set-up, serving and
clean-up. Plan to hold separate meeting in November to coordinate
- Soliciting ideas for Winterfest.
- December 15, Soup Supper, tickets $5.00.
- Budget report: $3346.19 in bank account.
- Disneyland Trip. 108 total people planning to travel with group.
Reviewed parent's list.
- November 3, Football game, need clean-up volunteers.
- October 28&29 bake sale. Need large items, cakes and pies.
Meeting adjourned @ 8:00
Page last modified on Wednesday, 08-Mar-2006 16:22:11 EST
Copyright © 2005-2012 Sultan High School Music Parents Association