Sultan High School Music Parents Association Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Meeting called to order @ 6:30 PM
Jon Pardue (attended part of meeting to make presentation on website)
- Looking for current copy of bylaws. Copy to be provided to all board
members at next meeting.
- Agreed to officially change the name from Band Parents to Music
Parents IAW vote at general meeting last year. Jocelin has for action.
We are a 5013C organization for IRS purposes.
- Agreed to purchase a safe for important papers, approximate cost $100.00.
- For budgeting purposes, Jill does not anticipate any large purchases
for the music program this year. We will budget for shoes, gloves, make-up,
hair spray and other small items as needed.
- Anticipate the cost of an awning for the trailer to be $1500.
- Reviewed rules for signage for summer fund raisers. No mention or
connection to Sultan High School is permitted, we can use Sultan Music
Parents or generic terms i.e. Band, marching band, music program, drum
- Money from summer fund-raisers will be tracked internally by our group.
All money, along with list of students detailing their fund raising efforts,
will be turned over to the school ASB account in late August. Students are
responsible for signing in and out (tracking own hours) at each fund-raiser.
- Car washes to start this weekend, weather permitting.
- Shindig practice schedule mentioned.
- Keep all receipts related to purchases made for fund-raisers. No
receipt no reimbursement. Expenses for each fund-raiser will be deducted
equally from all participating. Anticipate expenses for car wash to be $5
for each location, each time; Shindig face painting $100.
- Working to obtain a complete list of email, mailing, and phone numbers
for all parents and students to get the information out. Agreed to
continue to mail newsletters/minutes to those without email addresses.
If necessary, we will be able to complete our lists in early September
from Jill's class lists.
- Albertson's fund raising. Debbie will check into the easiest method
to get more people signed-up to shop for us.
- August fund-raisers: Gold Card, Cookie Dough, Catalogue, Avon
- Marching Band fees for year $625. Parents cost for Disneyland trip
will be @ $575.
- Indoor garage sales in January/February timeframe. Waiting for
basketball schedules to determine best available date.
- Recommend we continue bake sales. Students will get credit for
baking as well as selling.
- Cost of food for band camp @ $20 per student.
- November 19th, Jazz Band Dinner. Debbie to coordinate. A suggestion
was made to have a photographer to take pictures and sell as a fund-raiser.
- We need to make arrangements for volunteers to get their food handler's
- Discussed ideas for tables at Winterfest. No firm plans made.
- December 13, Soup Supper.
- February 25, Swing Dance.
- Musical tryouts in December, rehearsals in Jan/Feb, performances March 2,3 & 4.
- July 26, 6:00 PM Board Meeting, 7:00 PM General meeting
- September 6, 6:00 PM Board Meeting 7:00 PM General meeting.
- Following a discussion on possible website hosts, board approved Jon
Pardue to execute a one-year contract with Power Pro Plan for $95.40.
- Discussed rules for publishing student pictures on websites. The
school currently informs teachers if any student/parent has opted out
of publishing a student's picture. We will follow the school's lead.
- Voted to maintain a petty cash box for all fund raising events.
- Debbie will contact Nikki Luper about the concession stand at sporting
events. We voted to take over the stand(s) if the booster club is no
- Items to be included on website: Disneyland schedule, calendar of
all music events, minutes from meetings, band camp schedule, band camp
Page last modified on Monday, 29-Aug-2005 16:08:55 EDT
Copyright © 2005-2012 Sultan High School Music Parents Association